A certified irrigation specialist is your best resource for quality system design, maintenance and repair. For a list of Washington contractors view Choosing a Certified Irrigation Contractor (pdf)
- Certified Irrigation Contractor (CIC) – install, maintain and repair irrigation systems.
- Certified Irrigation Designer (CID) – establish specifications and design drawings for irrigation projects.
- Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor (CLIA) – review and assess the efficiency of irrigation systems.
- Certified Landscape Water Manager (CLWM) – evaluate, operate, manage and improve landscape irrigation systems to achieve the highest level of water conservation possible.
Washington Association of Landscape Professionals (WALP)
- Certified Landscape Technician (CLT-Ir) understands basic landscape maintenance practices, and demonstrates irrigation system and water management skills.
US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- WaterSense is a labeling program for water-efficient products and services (the water version of EnergyStar). WaterSense also labels certification programs for irrigation professionals. WaterSense irrigation professionals are certified through WaterSense labeled programs for their expertise in water-efficient irrigation technology and techniques.
Note: The City of Seattle, the Saving Water Partnership and participating water utilities do not regulate or endorse irrigation products or companies. The landscape contractors listed are certified by their respective professional organizations, not the Saving Water Partnership. The list is provided as a service to customers. It is not a complete list of all landscape or irrigation contractors in the Saving Water Partnership service area and it does not constitute a recommendation. The list was updated and published in 2016 and may not be current as you view it. For more information about the contractor list, please call (206) 684-5955.