Right plant, right place, to save water
Plants that fit our Northwest climate and soils are easier to care for, need less summer watering, and look great year ‘round. Learn about:
- Choosing the Right Plant for the Right Place – to create a planting plan that fits your yard.
- Tips for Planting to give plants a good start.
- Plant Lists with many water-conserving, pest-resistant varieties.
- How to Water New Plants to develop deep roots for long-term water conservation.
- Get to know your yard: sun, shade, and soil. Choose plants that fit those conditions.
- Group plants by their water, soil, and sun needs.
- Choose plants that resist pests and need less water.
- Prepare the soil with compost and plant right for long-term plant health and water conservation.
Questions? Call the Garden Hotline at (206) 633-0224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org